Monday, March 19, 2007

I don't think that was in the job description

An intern at the U.S. National Archives got caught trying to sell over a hundred Civil War artifacts on eBay. I am not positive, since I have never been an intern, and would never take an unpaying job, but I don't think that selling Civil War artifacts on eBay was a part of the job description.

"Intern with the U.S. National Archives! Learn U.S. History first hand! No direct payment, but if you manage to steal artifacts you may be able to sell them on eBay! Entrepreneurial spirit welcome!"

Oh, and the intern is 40 years old. What!?!?! If I was 40 and living on earth right now, I am pretty sure I would want a job that pays me cash. And the total value of the 165 items? About $1,000. What was he selling? Jars of Civil War "air?" "Emails" from Abe Lincoln? I would have guessed that Civil War era artifacts would fetch more than $6 a piece. Obviously, I don't know shit about the value of Civil War stuff.

No comments: