Monday, March 26, 2007

Since when is $1,000 a week excessive for house cleaning???

Lawrence Small resigned as the top official from the Smithsonian Institute, following heavy criticism of his spending habits of Institute money. I think that the criticism may be a bit out of line. Small charged the Smithsonian over $1.1 million since 2000. Part of that $1.1 mil included $273,000 for house cleaning. That is less than $1,000 a week! I want someone to explain to me how you can keep a house clean for less than that! I figure with today's inflation, house cleaning would be AT LEAST $2,000 a week. Another $2,500 went to cleaning a chandelier. A paltry $35 a month. What is the big deal? In total, he was charging the Institute just over $15,000 a month.

You may think I am a bit out of touch with the current state of monetary affairs on your world, but I just don't see how anybody in today's modern world can get by on less than $15,000 a month. I just estimated how much my expenses would be if I lived on Earth, and my electricity bill alone would be over $50,000 a month. (Powering up over 200 flat screens a day and a nightly light show takes some juice!). Luckily up here in heaven, we just get the Mormons to ride bikes and walk on treadmills to generate our power. We figured that they love to walk and ride bikes so much, why not let them do it for eternity. It's a win-win.

No comments: