Friday, January 26, 2007

Is that a towel in your lung, or are you just happy to see me?


Now your Lord and Savior may not have a "medical degree" from an "accredited university," (they told me I could advance my career!) but I DO know that towels are not supposed to remain in your lung AFTER surgery. I learned THAT on day one of my online courses. The wonderful Dr. Jeffry Miller (did he miss the first day of class?) FORGOT a green surgical towel in his patient's lung. Uhhhhhhhhh, I am not positive, but I don't think that was part of the procedure. "We are going to perform the procedure, leave a towel in your lung, and you will be out of here, good as new!" The patient lived for 7 years with a TOWEL IN HER LUNG, dying in 2002. I just saw her walk by, still mumbling something about a stupid retard doctor (she has been doing that nonstop for 5 years). Doc, I wouldn't expect to be seeing her OR me any time soon. Or ever. Just thought I should let you know. Leaving a towel in someone's lung is a sin. Look it up. It's science.

No comments: