Monday, February 12, 2007

Seriously, who saw this?

Eddie Murphy's newest unfunny movie Norbit opened on Friday. I figured it would go quietly into the night with literally nobody ever actually watching it. Well I guess never underestimate the power of Eddie Murphy. I need to check in with Satan downstairs to see if Eddie made any arrangements with him, if you know what I mean. He hasn't made a funny movie in many, many years. Yet, Norbit opened to a $33 MILLION weekend!! Are you serious? Somebody, ANYBODY, confess to seeing this nonsense. I think that there must have been a glitch in the reporting. I would believe 1 or 2 less zeros on that figure. $330,000 is MUCH more believable than $33 mil.

I thought the tag line to the movie "Have you ever made a really big mistake?" was a warning NOT to see the movie, as in "Have you ever made the really big mistake of paying $10 to see a horrible movie and felt like you just threw away 2 hours of your life?"

No comments: